Divorce, custody and related matters can be some of the most emotionally charged cases in the law. We are committed to helping you professionally, responsively, successfully and cost-effectively move through the issues to find resolution and closure. This can include referrals to other trusted and reputable professionals, such as financial planners, accountants, estate attorneys and counselors.
We represent clients in such domestic relations cases as:
- Distribution of Complex Marital Estates: Ensuring that all property and assets of the partnership are accounted for and divided fairly.
- Contested Custody Litigation: When parents cannot come to agreement on child custody arrangements, we provide assertive and compassionate representation to advocate for you.
- Child and Spousal Support Proceedings: We work to ensure that the remuneration you receive after divorce reflects your contribution to the marriage and allows you to provide for your child or children in a meaningful way.
- Enforcement Proceedings: If your former spouse or partner disregards any order or directive of the divorce or custody agreement, we move quickly to petition the court to force compliance.
- Prenuptial & Post-Nuptial Agreements: We help you formulate an agreement that will clearly outline the division of your property and finances in the unfortunate event of a divorce, protecting your assets and future earnings and preventing any possible future legal squabbles.
- Appellate Proceedings in the Third Judicial Department: We apply our extensive knowledge of the courts and existing case law to provide advice on whether or not it is advisable to proceed with an appeal.
As every situation is unique, so is our approach to each client’s matter. We would welcome the opportunity to learn more about your legal issue and strategize as to how we can help.